PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
These terms were last updated on 21st July 2019.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our site is operated by Online Business Consultant Limited (“We“). We are a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge and its purpose is to allow and facilitate the exchange of ideas and information which might assist disabled people in their everyday lives.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our sign up or log in procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
MATERIALS YOU UPLOAD TO OUR SITE
Our site allows you to post ideas, descriptions, instructions, inventions, drawings and photographs (“together Materials”) of or in relation to articles that may assist or be adapted by other users of our site to assist disabled people in their everyday lives. As such whenever you uploaded or post anything to our site you agree as follows:
- You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of and display the Materials in connection with the services provided by our site and to promote our site and services.
- You grant a, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to all other users of our site to use, adapt and create derivative works based on the Materials for any non-commercial purpose whatsoever;
- By posting the Materials or granting the licence above you are not in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence; and
- Use of the Materials either by uploading them to our site in accordance with the licence above will not infringe any copyright, patent or intellectual property right of any other person.
MATERIALS YOU DOWNLOAD FROM OUR SITE
Our site allows you to download ideas, descriptions, instructions, inventions, drawings and photographs (“together Materials”) of or in relation to articles that other users have posted on our site and that that may assist or be adapted by you to assist disabled people in their everyday lives. Whenever you download or make use of the Materials on our site the following apply:
- You do not acquire any intellectual property or other rights in the Materials or in any adaptation or derivative work made from or based on the Materials other than as expressly set out below;
- You have to comply with the license for those particular works, most commonly a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA) licence;
- You must not use any part of the Materials or any other content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or from the user that has uploaded or is responsible for the Materials;
- Neither we nor the person that has uploaded the Materials makes any representation, or warranty in relation to the Materials and the Materials are used and adapted entirely at your own risk.
- The Materials are licensed ‘as is’ and both we and the person uploading the Materials exclude all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Materials to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Neither we nor the person uploading the Materials are liable for any errors or omissions in the Materials and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by their adaptation or use.
OTHER CONTRIBUTIONS YOU MAKE TO OUR SITE
You may from time to time be able to make other contributions to our Site for example through the use of message boards, forums or by using other interactive services that we may offer from time to time.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or Materials uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
Please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
LINKING TO OUR SITE
You may link to our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting our site.